Convert/Transcode Sony HXR NX70 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to AIC for FCE 4
Sony successfully attracts everyone’s eyes with the introduction of its rain- and dust-proof Sony HXR NX70. You can be confident rainy or dusty shooting environments will not affect the reliable operation of the HXR-NX70 thanks to its IEC60529 IP54 rating. The back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor delivers stunning lowlight sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. The large 3.5" (16:9) XtraFine LCD screen (921K) displays sharp, bright, vivid images, letting you compose a shot more easily and alter settings to best represent the scene, even when outdoors in bright lighting conditions.
- There is another feature that deserves the photographers and shutterbugs’ attention--- the compact HXR-NX70 shoots in Full High-definition quality 1920 x 1080 with a choice of 60p, 60i and 24p frame rates, among which 1080/60p is the best choice. But demerit is the best friend of merit. The 1080/60p MTS files is perfect for sharing with people on HDTV, but when it comes to edit with FCE 4, you will find that the non-linear editing software can not support for the format. Then how to edit Sony HXR NX70 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS in FCE 4 is the first big problem you should solve. After googling the problem, you will find that it is the Apple InterMediate Codec that is more suitable for editing. So it is the key to the problem.
- Here recommended the best NX70 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to AIC Converter for FCE 4, applying which you can not only transcode Sony HXR NX70 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to AIC for FCE 4, but also will be surprised at its simple editing features, including merging several videos into one file, deinterlacing the original footages, cropping video size, trimming video clips, adding special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos, thus it will be on the top of your list.
- Here goes the step-by-step guide on how to convert Sony HXR NX70 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to AIC for FCE 4, then import the converted videos for editing in Final Cut Express.
- Step 1: Import HXR NX70 1080/60P AVCHD to the best HXR NX70 AVCHD to FCE 4 Converter.
Connect your Sony HXR NX70 to your Apple with USB2.0. Launch Sony HXR NX70 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to AIC Converter for Mac and then click the adding button to import your AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert.
Tip: If you have multiple Sony HXR NX70 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files, you can select the “Merge into one” box to merge the files into one single file for FCP so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for Final Cut Express 4 and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move you pointer to iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov). The Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) is the compatible format for FCP 4. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in FCE 4. If you want to have a smaller file size but keep the good quality, you can change the video size to 1440*1080.
- Step 4: Start converting your HXR NX70 1080/60p AVCHD MTS/M2TS to AIC for Final Cut Express 4 on Mac.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert/transcode HXR NX70 1080/60P AVCHD MTS to FCE 4 on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- When the Sony HXR NX70 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes conversion process is perfectly completed, you will be able to get the output files for FCE 4 by clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can easily import the converted and/or merged Sony HXR NX70 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS with 30fps to FCE 4 for editing with high quality without any trouble.
1. To get more tips for other Sony camcorders and cameras, you can refer to Sony video camera Tips and Tricks that will do you a favor.
- 2. If you are interested in converting files of other formats or enjoying DVDs and BDs on your portable devices, please link to Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac to get more information.
- 3. Since the Thanksgiving is coming, you can get the best Sony HXR NX70 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes Converter at a discount price, taken 15% off. If you are interested in Brorsoft Thanksgiving Activity, please give the website a go.