Import DSC-HX5 1080i AVCHD to iMovie 08/09/11 for editing without any trouble
Released summer 2010, the feature-rich Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 comes equipped with a 10MP Exmor R back illuminated CMOS sensor, 25-250mm lens and offers AVCHD 1080i Full HD movie recording, image stabilization and Intelligent Sweep Panorama.
- With all of the stunning features, as the DSC-HX5 users, you will have a good experience. However, there still exits some limitations that when the DSC-HX5 users intend to import/load the 1920 x 1080 video shooting to the editing software like iMovie 08/09/11, they will often encounter some problems. Below are the quoted words from one DSC-HX5 user.
- I have the latest version of Imovie (8.0.6) and Mac OS 10.6.4 and I cannot import DSC-HX5 video.
- As a matter of fact, iMovie 08/09, including the latest version iMovie 11 still does not support the import of AVCHD (.mts) files from a number of camcorders and cameras. To solve the troubles for so many DSC-HX5 users, here we introduce the best DSC-HX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter, which enables you to convert/transcode DSC-HX5 1080i AVCHD to compatible format with iMovie 08/09/11, then you can import/load DSC-HX5 1080i AVCHD to iMovie 08/09/11 for editing easily no longer with any trouble.
- Preparation for converting/transcoding DSC-HX5 1080i AVCHD to iMovie 08/09/11:
1. Software: the best DSC-HX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter (Free download trial version)
2. System requirement: Mac OS X 10.5 or above
- Guide: step-by-step guide on how to convert/import DSC-HX5 1080i AVCHD to iMovie 08/09/11 with the professional DSC-HX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter
Step 1: Import DSC-HX5 1080i AVCHD to the best DSC-HX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter.
Use USB cable to connect Sony DSC-HX5 to Mac. Launch DSC-HX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter. Click the button for adding to import DSC-HX51080i AVCHD to the best DSC-HX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter.
Tip: If you have multiple MTS/M2TS video files, you can tick the “Merge into one” box to combine the multiple video files into one single file so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for iMovie 08/09/11 and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move you pointer to iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov). The Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) is the compatible format for iMovie 08/09/11. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for iMovie 08/09/11. While, if you wanna smaller file size but keep high qualtiy, you can set video size as 1440*1080.
- Step 4: Start converting your DSC-HX5 1080i AVCHD to AIC MOV for iMovie 08/09/11.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert/transcode DSC-HX5 1080i AVCHD to iMovie 08/09/11 on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- Once the DSC-HX5 1080i AVCHD to AIC MOV for iMovie 08/09/11 conversion is done, you will be able to get the output files for iMovie 08/09/11 via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can you can easily import/load DSC-HX5 merged and deinterlaced AIC MOV to iMovie 08/09/11 for editing without any trouble. Afterward, you can freely share your home movie with your friends and families.
1. The professional DSC-HX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter also allows you to convert DSC-HX5 AVCHD to FCP, FCE, iDVD, etc. video editing software or DVD burning application. Link to Brorsoft AVCHD to iMovie Converter and you can obtain more information that you need.
2. To get more tips for Sony camcorders and cameras, you can refer to Sony video camera Tips and Tricks.