Microsoft Surface RT is one of the hottest tablets now. One touch and you'll recognize the thoughtful design and precision craftsmanship that make Surface a joy to behold. It has a large 10.6-inch screen, why not make full use of this stunning tablet on your free time, which is definitely for watching videos on the go.
A question pressed to the Microsoft Surface RT users that how to play MKV files on Microsoft Surface RT. Pretty sure Microsoft Surface RT can play MP4s. Can't play MKVs out the box. Really disappointing as my HTPC has everything encoded as MKV. So, someone try it out and let us know.
Do you have the similar confusion as the quoted words note? The reason you cannot get MKV videos working on Microsoft Surface is simple: MKV is a container which contains media streams(subtitles, audio, video, chapters), so, it’ a bit hard for the default and downloaded player like Xbox Video on the Microsoft Surface RT tablet to handle the format. So to solve these problems, a great method is to encode MKV to Surface RT compatible video formats along with some help from third-party tools. MKV to Microsoft Surface RT Converter is not the solid converter for you here. With it, you can easily change MKV to RT natively supported video e.g. MP4 at ultra fast speed and bring you an HD quality output.
Tutorial on converting MKV movies(1080p/720p) to Microsoft Surface RT MP4 video
Step 1: Go to download and install the top Surface RT MKV Converter; run the program to import your MKV files to it.
Step 2: Tap the Format icon and from its dropdown menu, click and select Windows > Microsoft Surface Windows RT H.264 Video (*.mp4) as the best video format for Microsoft Surface RT.
Step 3: Click the Convert icon to start converting 1080p/720p MKV to Surface RT MP4 video at fast speed with the CUDA/AMD acceleration technology support.
After the conversion, hit on “Open” to find converted files and transfer videos to Surface RT.
MKV to Surface RT Conversion Tips:
1. You can join several MKV files for Surface RT via checking the “Merge into one” box.
2. Click the Settings icon, you can go to the Profile Settings icon to adjust the video, audio parameter settings like video size, video bitrate, frame rate, audio channel, etc according your needs.
3. If you have a large MKV files and wanna split the video to several small parts, tap the Video Split icon on the main interface to make it.
4. To trim, crop and add special effects to your videos, just click the Edit button.
5. Other than converting MKV to Microsoft Surface RT, this MKV to Surface RT converter can also convert TiVo, MPG, MOD, FLV, VOB, AVI, etc to Microsoft Surface RT optimized MP4 video as well. To rip a DVD movie and even 1080p full HD Blu-ray discs for Surface RT, you can try this all-in-one package tool Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate.
Microsoft Surface RT vs. Surface Pro – Get Surface RT Video Playback Tips
Transfer videos, music, pictures to Microsoft Surface from PC
Fast way enable AVI movie playable on Microsoft Surface with full screen
Play 1080p videos (.mkv, .mts, .m2ts) on Microsoft Surface smoothly
What video formats can Microsoft Surface RT play?- Add video files to Surface RT
Surface RT MKVs, view 1080p mkv movie on Surface RT, get 720p mkv on Surface RT, 1080p MKV to Surface RT, Surface RT MKV Converter, transfer videos to Surface RT, convert MKV to Surface RT MP4, change MKV to MP4 for Surface RT, Surface RT MKV DTS audio, MKV on Surface RT subtitles support, encode MKV to Surface RT